Saturday, August 1, 2009

Life is an Occasion, Rise to it...

Shuffling through the TV channels and missing my family and friends back home this was just one of the mundane weekend of my stay in St Louis. I was almost having a feeling of being alone and left out. With all these thoughts I was actually torchering my inner me, But that's not what made me write this post.

The shuffling lead me to a movie which was overall nice to watch, but initially it looked like a very normal magic movie with nothing extra-ordinary. But when the movie Ended I was so thankful to God or whatever universal power or just luck that lead me there to watch this movie. Even though the entire movie was nice there was one dialogue that struck right to my mind and I believed right in my heart how true that was... "Life is an Occasion, Rise to it!". Wow... what a neat thought. The movies was "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium"and the dialogue was by the veteran actor Dustin Hoffman who plays the character for Mr. Magorium.

This phrase just made my day... this was so inline to my thoughts of celebrating life... but this movie gave me a deeper angle to it just telling me how much this life is precious and meant to be lived as a celebration or an occasion of joy and happiness.

After that my day wasn't mundane, I got up from my couch had a good long hour bath just thinking that this is the time I have got for myself so instead of wasting it I should utilize it (ideally celebrate it :) ) properly and do things which can make it better. Post to that i had a good long conversation with one of my very close old friend, which i hardly get time for in my day to day routine. It felt so pleasant and nice then I went to a mall close by and did some window shopping and then munched on a great big Cesar Salad with Italian seasoning and it was amazing. Took a good long walk around the area, Greeted Hi! and Good Evening! to few peoples i don't even know, and finally writing this blog.. but the fact is I am happy, and now enjoying and kind of celebrating a time which is only for myself.

Some times life always surprises us and lifts us up when ever we are in need of support and just lives us smitten. I guess it might be just a coincidence but it is something which turned my head and guided me to my way through this sad time.

Practically If I would have thought of doing something earlier I don't even need any movie to tell me that.. but the point is some time even though you know things you need a little push some thing a little extra just to turn your head get you working in the right directions and this was my head turn.

Life is so joyous it always have such small surprises for us in its kitty and it is all around us its just that we don't notice it, try to find your occasion, your reason to celebrate and you will be surprised by your own acts.

Today I raise a Toast to life... That is what Joy of life is all about...

Start Living,
Sid

1 comment: